-->

(Recommendation) Live Action Movie from Manga adaptation worth watching


I started watching Japanese drama and movies around 4 years ago. Previously, I was a Kdrama lover, but it all changed after I watched Nodame Cantabile . I’d like to tell you more about it in my post next time.

joseinoburogu.blogspot.com


After I sorted out so many movies and drama, I found 10 manga adaptations turned to be a live action movies which have romance genre. It’s good for those who love romance movies.  I also sorted out other 10 manga adaptations into non-romance-movies. It has some romance in some parts of the story, but the story didn’t focus on the love story of the main characters.

10 manga adaptation into romance live action movies:

1. The Liar and His Lover/ Kanojo wa Uso o Aishigeteru by Kotomi Aoki

joseinoburogu.blogspot.com

It’s a musical movie, by the way. If I have to choose, I prefer classical music in the movie. But, the story is about a rock band called Crude Play. This is a love story between a 26-year old sound engineer and a 16-year old high school student that possesses incredibly beautiful voice.
Takeru Satoh as the sound engineer in this movie played his role incredibly. Sakurako Ohara as the high school student really has beautiful voice. She is lucky enough to act with gorgeous Takeru Satoh, and even had a kiss scene with him. Envious!
2. Sakamichi No Apollon/ Kids on The Slope by Yuki Kodama
joseinoburogu.blogspot.com


This is another musical movie. But this time, jazz is the main focus. Kaoru Nishima just moved to a region near a slope. In his new school, he encountered with Ritsuko Mukae, the beauty in his class, and he fell for her. But, her childhood friend, Sentaro Kawabuchi stood on his way. Sentaro introduced Kaoru to jazz music, and changed his life.

I didn’t listen to jazz music too much, to be honest. I know some jazz singers/ musicians, but no one introduced me to the main soundtrack to this movie, Moanin’ . There is one popular song from the movie The Sound of Music, and it’s beautifully recomposed in jazz version. My short review of the movie can be found here.

3. Your Lie in April/ Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso by Takehiko Shinjo


joseinoburogu.blogspot.com

This one might be my most favorite musical movie since it has all the classical music in it. Kosei Arima is a classical pianist. He won many awards since he was a child. But his life seemed boring due to his mother’s ambition. One day, he met Kaori Miyazono, a free spirited violinist. Since his mother’s decease, Kosei suffered from mental breakdown. His life soon changed after he met Kaori.
I happened to read the manga, reviewed and watched the anime version. At first, I thought, I wouldn’t enjoy the live action movie. Kento Yamazaki as Kosei wouldn’t perform well since his image is always related to shoujo romance prince. Kosei is not a prince at all. But, I’m glad that I did enjoy the live action version. My review of the manga is here and here.

4. ReLife by So Yayoi

joseinoburogu.blogspot.com


Not happy with what you got right now? You can try ReLife program. This is fantasy movie that tells about Arata Kaizaki, 27 years old and unemployed. One day, he met Ryo Yoake, someone from a lab research. He offered him a 3-month-program called ReLife. He took a medication that surprisingly made him look 10 years younger. With his new look, he was to attend a high school for a year. There, he met Chizuru Hishiro, an unpopular but bright student, and he fell in love with her.

I read some parts of the manga, but gave up in the beginning of my reading. I think, I just wait for the live action to see Taishi Nakagawa as Arata. It was the first time for me to see him as an adult in the movie, before he consumed the medication. But then, the rest of the story he was like his usual self, like in his other movies.

5. My Little Monster/ Tonari no Kaibutsu kun by Robico

joseinoburogu.blogspot.com

A rebellious guy met a shy or unpopular girl seemed to be a very typical idea for manga. But, I just love this one. Haru Yoshida, as high school student, a rebel, didn’t want to go to school because his friends were afraid of him. He often got into a fight with other students. No wonder if he got detention from school. Shizuku Mizutani happened to deliver school stuff to his house. There, Haru realized about a true friend.

At first, I didn’t like Suda Masaki playing as Haru. But, as soon as I watched the trailer, I believe that he could portray all kinds of characters. I read some parts of the manga in translated version, but it seems that the translation was not good enough that I didn’t enjoy it at all. I turned to watch the anime, but I was disappointed to see the ending. The live action version was quite satisfactory. I love the comical scenes, though. My short review is here. 

6. The Kodai Family/ Kodaike no Hitobito by Kozueko Morimoto

joseinoburigu.blogspot.com

 Capable of reading people’s mind can be people’s dreams. But for the Kodai family can be a curse. Mitsumasa Kodai just returned from abroad to work in his family’s company. There, he met Kie Hirano, an ordinary OL who always daydreamed. While other female staff tried to get Mitsumasa’s attention, Kie was busy daydreaming. She didn’t realize that Mitsumasa could read her mind. That thing attracted him to her. 

Haruka Ayase is really a versatile actress. She could nail all kinds of characters given to her. The innocent Kie is hilarious with her daydream. Frankly, sometimes I have that kind of thought. Thanks God, so far, no one could read my mind. Takumi Saito is really charming in this movie.

7. Day Time Shooting Star/ Hiruunaka Ryuusei by Mika Yamamori


joseinoburogu.blogspot.com

A story of student fallig in love with her teacher is another typical story in manga. Suzume Yosano moved to Tokyo from her countryside hometown. In Tokyo, she lived with her uncle, Yukichi Kumamoto. Her uncle had a friend, named Satsuke Shishio, who happened to be Suzume’s teacher in her school. Shishio was kind to Suzume that she couldn’t hel falling for him. In her school, she met Daiki Mamura, a loner, who disgusted with girls. But then, he fell for Suzume.

This is the first time for me to have the second lead syndrome. And thanks to the writer that the female character turned her attention to the second lead male. At first, I thought I would watch this live action for Shohei Miura, but Alan Shirahama, with his cute blush, got my more attention.😃 My short review about the movie is here and the manga review is here.

8. My Teacher/ Sensei, … Suki ni Natte mo Ii desuka? by Kazune Kawahara

joseinoburogu.blogspot.com

Another love story of teacher-student. Hibiki Shimada was a high school student who fell in love with her teacher. Kosaku Ito, inflexible but warm-hearted teacher, taught world history. He couldn’t accept Hibiki’s feeling asked her to stop. Yet, Hibiki was persistent. One day, Ito sensei saw her not as student, but as someone worth his love. But their love was forbidden.

As soon as I knew that Ikuta toma would play as Ito sensei, I looked for the manga and read it. But, as  usual, I gave up and waited for the live action. I thought, Ikuta Toma would waste his talent to play in such typical cliché character. The same thing would go to Suzu Hirose. Both of them are good actors, and why should they play in such cliché movie. Nonetheless, the movie is worth watching. At least, to see them both is really worthy.

9. Marmalade Boy/ Mamaredo Boi by Wataru Yoshizumi


joseinoburogu.blogspot.com

Would you fall in love with your step brother? Miki’s parents told her that they would divorce and they swapped partner with the Matsura, a couple they met on a trip. Hibiki was against it, but her parents didn’t listen to her. After they got married they lived together. Like together together. Hibiki’s parents and the Matsura’s. from this weird marriage, Hibiki got a step brother, Yuu. Yuu didn’t talk much, but he was kind to Hibiki, no matter how sharp she was. Hibiki started to have feelings to him. 

This kind of story would be veryone’s cup of tea. It’s easy and sweet. Ryo Yoshizawa as Yuu is too cute to ignore if he was your step brother. After this movie, I looked for Ryo’s other movies. Hmmm…

10. Orange / Orenji by Ichigo Takano

joseinoburogu.blogspot.com


Would you go to the past to correct something/ many things that went wrong? Naho Takamiya, one day got a letter from herself 10 years in the future. In the letter, she would have a new transfer student, Kakeru Naruse, and she would fall for him. Kakeru suffered from emotional breakdown after his mother committed suicide. Kakeru then died in an accident. Naho knew it all, and she had to stop it from happening.

I watched this movie a long time ago. I was not really accustomed to Japanese style at that time. Something that should be sweet ended up bitter. And I think, it was my first movie where Kento Yamazaki was the main character. It was both sad and touching. 

Well, those are my 10 recommendation of live action adapted from manga. I can go on and on giving you list, but those ten are not only worth watching but also re-watching. If you look closer, you can find some similar actors from one movie to another, like Kento Yamazaki and Taishi Nakagawa. Yup, sometimes I list down my prospective movie to watch when they are in that movie😁😁😁

See my other recommendation later.

2 Responses to "(Recommendation) Live Action Movie from Manga adaptation worth watching"

  1. Nice post. Thank you for the post. Visit gomoviemama for latest movie news and gossips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i never know the use of adobe shadow until i saw this post. thank you for this! this is very helpful. 검증사이트추천

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel