-->

Random Watching School Dorama from Time to Time

Joseinoburogu.blogspot.com


Have you been in this situation, feeling like watching something, a dorama for example, but the ongoing dorama takes forever to be uploaded? Yup, recently I’ve been in this state. What I did was just scrolling trailer, fanmade, movie clips in YouTube. Or I could just scroll the recent updated drama in my favorite  websites checking what’s new. And the worst is, actually I have some-not-watched-drama in my hard disc, being stored there forever. Is it an unforgivable sin? Lol.

Recently, I finished watching Ouran High School Host Club. Too late? Yup, I guess. But watching this legendary drama in 2019 is really not too bad. At least, I got some good laugh watching the idiotic Boss/ Leader of The Host Club, Tamaki senpai.

After I watched this, suddenly I want to list down some school drama I have watched. Even though it took place in school, some dramas don’t really have so many teaching-learning scenes. What I mostly got is drama outside the class. Say, Ouran High School Host Club even didn’t have any scenes taken in a classroom. Mostly the scene took place in the hall where all the hosts serve the beautiful customers.

1.        Ouran High School Host Club (2011)
joseinoburogu.blogspot.com

As I told you earlier, the drama is nothing about school but the setting. The drama focuses on Haruhi Fujioka, an honored student from commoner who joined the host club. You’d get a great laugh watching some hosts who acted silly but entertaining only to get to know about the life of a commoner. Oh, if you like some ikemens, this is the one. Additionally, this drama was released in 2011, you can see some actors/ actress when they were younger. You can compare how they are and how they were. Haruna Kawaguchi was pretty but a bit boyish in this drama, but she gets prettier these days.

2.       Great Teacher Onizuka (2012)
joseinoburogu.blogspot.com

This is another great drama about school I can recommend. Actually, I don’t really like a drama that has too many versions. If I only follow the drama from the beginning, I might be enthusiastic to know more of the other versions of the drama. Unfortunately, I didn’t. I thought, I watched this drama because I was curious about many actors/ actresses that became more popular today.
The drama has some scenes taken in a classroom especially when Onizuka sensei taught the troubled students. I love how the teacher managed the class, how he approached the students individually, etc. Some scenes even had my eyes teary of touching moments. Well, even so, I only watched the Great Teacher Onizuka released in 2012.

3.       Tumbling (2010)
joseinoburogu.blogspot.com

Oh, I really enjoy watching this drama. But, I was a bit disappointed with the ending. However, that’s a kind of Japanese drama, right? The drama was released in 2010. It tells about some troubled students who always made chaos to other students/ other students from other schools who decided to join tumbling, a kind of gymnastic sport in school. I really loved watching this drama that I looked information about the actors whether they really did the tumbling themselves or they used stuntmen to replace them since the movements were very dangerous. I’m glad that they really did it.
Classroom scenes? Of course, none! Lol.

4.       Hana-Kimi
joseinoburogu.blogspot.com

This is another legendary dorama that has a new version. I watched this drama long ago even before I start to get into the Japanese drama. At that time, I thought that Japanese drama is full of humor, nonsense story, and full of slapstick scenes. But, after I know more of Japanese drama, I yearn for more and more.
Hana-Kimi took place in a male boarding school. The plot of the story revolved around a transferred student and an-almost-give-up-athlete. The story itself is a bit nonsense with a female student disguised herself as a male student for the sake of helping the athlete not to give up his dream. A typical Japanese drama with pursuing your dream. However, I still love watching the movie clips made by some fans of funny scenes with Ikuta Toma. It’s always hilarious!

5.       Hana Yori Dango and Hana Nochi Hare-HanaDan Next Season
joseinoburogu.blogspot.com

joseinoburogu.blogspot.com

Hana Yori Dango is another legendary dorama from manga. It even has many versions from other countries: Taiwan, Korea, Indonesia. I don’t know other countries that have the Hana Yori Dango versions. The school is indeed only the setting. The story, again, revolves around the main beautiful, rich, narcistic characters. The story about bullying and poor Cinderella who got the Prince Charming started here.
If I have to choose between Hana Yori Dango and HanaDan the Next Season, I’d choose HanaDan. The female character, Oto Edogawa is stronger than Makino. Stronger here means Oto didn’t use her strength to beat Haruto. She just used words to shoot Haruto right in his heart.
Classroom scenes? Yup, there were some. The scenes where Haruto and his gang bullied those who were not rich enough to join the elite school. And I still keep wondering what the teachers’ role are when bullying happens. Are they that powerless towards the elite students? Hmmmm…

6.       Water Polo Yankees (Suikyu Yankisu) (2014)
joseinoburogu.blogspot.com

When there is a bunch of ikemens, I would be there 😍😍😍. The first reason for me to watch this dorama is of course Ryo Yoshizawa and Taishi Nakagawa. Both of them are such eye candy even though their characters there are unbearable. How could they get such role to be the object of bullies? The next reason of watching this drama is Kento Yamazaki seems to have a bit different character from his usual role as an arrogant-tsundere prince. The other reason is the topic of the drama itself. Water polo is such a rare topic to be in a drama. Competition between the strong and the weak is quite typical actually, but still, it’s interesting to see the improving character of each character.
Classroom scenes? Well, I cannot recall exactly since this drama is just like a piece of snack for me in the afternoon. Lol.

7.       Gakko no Kaidan (2015)
joseinoburogu.blogspot.com

Oohhh… how I love watching this dorama. This is my first time to see how talented Suzu Hirose is. She is the female lead after the male lead played by Ryunosuke Kamiki. As you know, he is a veteran in such young age. Bullying is still the main topic in the drama. Gap between the rich and the poor never grows old. I really recommend this drama to everyone who yearns for school drama but less romance. Well, school dramas are mostly about romance.
Eh? Wait! Speaking about school drama with less romance in it can be easily found in Japanese dorama. From dorama mentioned above, Water Polo Yankees, Tumbling, Great Teacher Onizuka, and Gakko no Kaidan are dry from romance. Lol. But the topic in the drama is really interesting, even without romance touch.
Classroom scenes? Well, there were some, especially when the students discuss about school festival or when Tsubame Haruna tried to change the heart of the elite students.

8.       Nobuta wa Produce (2005)
joseiburogu.blogspot.com

Honestly, I watched this drama when I was into Yamashita Tomohisa. But then, I fell for Kazuya Kamenashi, another main lead. Lol. The story is still about bullying. I wonder how many students in Japanese school who get bullied? Is the topic related to recent issue? If it is not their financial state, there would be looks that can be the object of bullying. Is the gap between the rich and the poor, or the good looks and the ugly looks are that bad in Japan?
One thing I liked from the drama is turning the weak into strong point. If you don’t have good looks, just have a makeover. The two male lead beauty helped the scary bullied girl.
Classroom scenes? I guess there were some. I watched the drama years ago. All I remember is the scene when Yamapi pretended to be Nobuta with Kazuya practicing to confess his feeling. But, a teacher found them out and thought that they were such boy love couple. Lol.

The list is getting longer as I recall my memory about the dorama I’ve watched. I guess there would be part 2 of this post. If you have some school drama you can recommend, feel free to drop your recommendation in the comment.

Ja, matta ne…

2 Responses to "Random Watching School Dorama from Time to Time"

  1. Awesome article, it was exceptionally helpful! I simply began in this and I'm becoming more acquainted with it better! Cheers, keep doing awesome! 多瑙,线上看

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog provided us with valuable information to work with. Each & every tips of your post are awesome. Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep blogging.. ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel